Sierra Vista was incorporated in 1985 to promote community activities for the youth and seniors of the Colfax Area. In 1989, the old Colfax Elementary School building was purchased as the site for the Community Center. The Carl Bianhini estate bequeathed a substantial amount of money, which allowed this purchase, and continues to support programs for all ages of citizens in the Colfax area. The Community Center building was built in 1940 as a WPA projects. It sits on 2.5 acres adjacent to downtown Colfax and houses classrooms, a gym, a ball field, commercial kitchen, and parking facilities.